Tuesday, May 24, 2011

River Acres Park



Another beautiful day in New Braunfels,Tx. I headed out around lunch time and went down to River Acres Park, a ritual I do about two times a week.  It is an easy going park and for the most part stays clean minus the holdiay festivities where inconsiderate people have no concept of garbage cans. For the first 45 minutes I had to pick up cans that mostly came from up river. To all would be visitors. I live here and I wish you would be considerate and have ice chest that lock and dispose of your empties when you exit the river. I wouldn't dump trash in your front yard, so don't dump it in mine. For all the locals, shame on you if you can't have a little bit of pride for this section of Texas that is above par in natural beauty.  Aside from that, I tied my tube up to a rock and just relaxed with the sun on my face. Plenty of fish at a decent size. I expect the river to rise Thursday or so from the release from Canyon Lake for Memorial Day weekend.