Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A few good drives

Okay, so its been awhile since I've posted. Busy with business. Anyhow. I found my camera. Of course you didn't know it was lost....but. I wanted to share a few views that are pleasing to the mind. Just found it so you will have to wait. If you want to check them out for yourself , you have: Allen park picnic area take 46 from New Braunfels, turn right on S Cranes Mills road and you will merge on to FM 3159.  It will be on your right. You get a great view of Smithson Valley.  Next on our list in no particular order is Bear Creek Trail. Take 46 out of New Braunfels, turn right on FM 2722 and about 2 1/2 miles down it will be on your right. This drive provides a view of the hills and local flora and fauna as well as a low water crossing at Bear Creek. Lastly, we have "devil's backbone". From San Marcos take ranch road 12 and it will become RM 32. There will be a picnic area on your right. I come here often. Grab a Sweet Leaf at Sac n Pac and just enjoy the view. Searched an found an old picture I had taken of a view from "Devil's Backbone". Enjoy.