Monday, April 18, 2011

Trip back from DFW

So on my way back from a wedding in  the Dallas-Fort Worth monstrosity on Sunday  I decided to take the toll road 130  around Austin-metro because I hate traffic and wanted to try something new. All politics and opposing views of the legitimacy of toll roads and eminent domain set aside, this thing is amazing. It has great views of East Austin and the plains to the east and clear lanes as far as the eye can see with the occasional vehicle passing you every few minutes or so. I am not gonna lie, I felt like a million bucks with a price of around 7 dollars when it was all said and done. I am gonna say this drive is a must. I am not condoning breaking the law by speeding, but if one were to take out their weekend driver, this would be the safest place to do it aside from the pitiful 1/8 or quarter mile track until the formula one track opens up east of Austin in 2012; and amateurs are allowed in possibly by 2014.