Monday, April 11, 2011

Hill Country Digest-Canyon Lake brief overview

Imagine a beautiful blue lake with amazing views of hills with limestone outcroppings and an abundance of wildlife. Hiking, biking, whitewater rapids, tubing, rafting, sailing, kayaking, power boating, water skiing, camping, wind surfing, fishing, and live music just to name a few activities that might capture your attention. I am referring to the area known as Canyon lake, Texas in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. The Guadalupe River whose headwaters start about thirty miles west of Kerrville,Texas is dammed at Canyon City,Texas (part of which is said to be at the bottom of the lake)forming the lake we enjoy today, serving as power for our homes, recreation, flood protection, and water supply. My name is Sam Times and my job is to let you know what I know about the areas that make up the Texas Hill Country. I will give advice on where to eat and what activities are available for all ages. I will let you know in advance, hiking is my passion and there will be quite a bit of commentary on the subject. This is my first of hopefully many post. I will be your guide. Follow me.